Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gifts, Bowling and Aunt Het's Festival!

Life at Furman has been crazy lately, and that is mainly because I had my midterms last week.
Can you believe it? We are already half way through the semester! It's October already!
It takes me a lot of time to come in terms with how quickly time passes by in college. 
But if all my weeks end just as awesome as this one, then hey, I ain't complaining!

This weekend, after having my last (and the most difficult) midterm, I decided it was time to party hard. My definition of "partying" might sound a little distorted to eveyone, but in my defense, almost everything seems fun after taking nerve-wrecking exams!

#1. Receiving Gifts :

Warren with the owl 
My week started on an amazing note! This extremely sweet guy - Warren James - bought me an adorable solar hoot owl! I have to laud Warren for his keen sense of observation and for knowing the way to make my week! 


The solar hoot owl sits on my table, and my obsession with owls makes me want to admire it all day.
Thank you for being such a sweetheart, Warren!


#2. Spending a day with my lovely host family:
     

Lunch at the Hevener's
 I am fortunate enough to have a host family in Greenville, and they have come to be my real family lately.
They make me feel loved and at home all the time!

T and Jing enjoying the feast
On Saturday, my friends and me went to my host family's house to eat lunch together! Not only that, we went to a small carnival in Fountain Inn called "Aunt Het's Festival"!
Aunt Het's Festival
I especially enjoyed watching little stalls selling fall decorations, and old ice-cream churning machines at work!

#3. Getting creative with pumpkins :


   It was wonderful to see how creative people got with pumpkins at Aunt Het's Festival!



But the one that won my heart was...

*drumroll*


And the winner is - the owl
      THE OWL!
(yes, I really am obsessed with them).

#4. Petting Animals :

Another highlight of Aunt Het's Festival were the adorable animals there!

Piglets


The piglets were only 2 months old! That was the time I could no longer hold my girly squeaks!
                                              

#5. Going bowling :

Bowling with upperclassmen
On Friday night, I went bowling with Sidney, Dante, Thomas and Zach, who are all upperclassmen. While 
I got a lot of street cred for hanging out with the coolest people around, I had an absolutely amazing time watching them bowl (since my bowling skills are rusty).

Whew! That was one long post!
I am looking forward to October, especially since it started on such a marvelous note!
Hope you all had an amazing week as well.

Until my next post,
Warm love,
Bhavya
bhavya.sharma@furman.edu


No comments:

Post a Comment