Saturday, September 7, 2013

FUPO

Most Furman students probably would not want a visit from the Furman University Police, affectionately called FUPO.  However, for me and my dead car in the South Housing Parking Lot, FUPO was a welcomed sight!

On Saturday night, my friends and I were going to get a quick dinner off campus, and I offered to drive because I know (for the most part) my way around Greenville.  Once we were at my car in the SoHo Parking Lot, it would not unlock with the remote on my keys.  "That's strange," I said.  After manually unlocking the driver's side door with the key, my car wouldn't start.  It didn't even make a noise.  Needless to say, I didn't drive to dinner that night or to church the next day.  Luckily, some of my friends also had cars- ones that would actually start! 

Finally on Monday, I figured I should deal with my dead car.  At the FUPO office, I was greeted by a smiling officer who offered to drive me to the SoHo Parking Lot and jump my car.  So yes, I have now ridden in a cop car- cross that off the bucket list!  Once the jumper cables were hooked up from FUPO's car to mine, my car alarm started going off.   That's definitely not a pleasant noise!  Thankfully, the FUPO officer knew how to stop that horrendous noise and get my car to start!

Once my car started, I realized that I'd accidentally left an interior light on when I parked my car the previous Tuesday.  Whoops!

So a word to the wise- don't leave a light on in your car.  But if you do, and you are lucky enough to be on Furman's campus, call FUPO.

Until next time,
Laura

PS:  My email is laura.woodside@furman.edu if you have any questions for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment