Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Good Life


It's 2:15 p.m. I haven't had the time to eat lunch. And I still have a ton of homework to do.

But here am I, doing what I love to do - blogging, with the OneRepublic song reference in my title.


It's been another busy week, full of challenging classes, homework, seminars, and semi-partying (because I usually am too tired and too sleep-deprived to party full-time).

But hey, I ain't complaining. Because, to be honest, I do not like being unoccupied. I love the fact that everyone is super busy on weekdays, and super fun on weekends. And that brings me to just how super busy my week was (It wasn't really. I'm just trying to sound important).

Alright, then, here it is. My TOP 4 list for Week 2!

At #4. The  library's SUPER CREATIVE decorations :


     
 No, seriously. Give the poor guy a break, you people.


#3.SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY:

There were a lot of birthdays this week, and I although I had decided on attending each, I could not, thanks to my unpredictable schedule.
But there was no way I was going to miss Mr. Rick's birthday. For those of you who don't know, Mr. Rick is this very handsome man who sits at the Dining Hall counter, and gives free hugs (Now, who doesn't like one of those?)!
And so, we decided to surprise him on his birthday, by throwing him a little party at the DH!



# 2. BLOGGER PHOTOSHOOT! :
These people are going to make us popular, I tell you!

This week, I had the blogger photoshoot, which was a lot of fun!
Here's a picture of my fellow Freshman blogger - Lauren, and the photographer! 


We posed, we laughed, and in that very moment, we realized just how cool us bloggers are. 



#1. THE ART OF PENCIL SHARPENING : 


Two days back, we had the most awesome seminar ever!
We had with us DAVID REES - the master, the yoda, the man in the black apron, and then ofcourse, the "pencil-sharpener".

The Art Of Pencil Sharpening was a humorous CLP (Cultural Life Program), full of punch-lines and witty comments at each point, that taught us a very important lesson in life - how to sharpen a pencil.

                                 
David Rees-The Master
If it wasn't for the CLP, I would have never been able to fully comprehend the very subtle and indiscernible aspects of pencil sharpening. 


But really, I think the best CLP of the year is already here. It is going to be hard to compete with this guy.


So, that's all for now y'all (dang it) (Aww, man. I've caught the Southern virus!).
I hope you're all having a great time here, and truly experiencing everything that this campus has to offer!


Until my next post,

Warm love
Bhavya

PS. Email me here if you have any questions : bhavya.sharma@furman.edu


No comments:

Post a Comment