Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Tie and Other Festivities

Even though Furman did not have a home football game this past weekend- there was still plenty of things to do to keep us busy!   We started the weekend with My Tie on Friday night.  My Tie was a RLC (Residential Life Council) sponsored event where you selected a colored tie and ate dinner with people from your hall and brother hall who had the same tie color.  My tie group (checkered red and white ties) ate at Mr. Salsa, a Mexican restaurant not far from campus with the orange tie group, and then headed to the Younts Conference Center on campus for a dance.  I absolutely love to dance, so My Tie was a blast for me!
Hall girls before My Tie



Roomies with the Bell Tower

My Tie Group outside of Mr. Salsa



Saturday morning, my roommate, Lacey, and I headed to downtown Greenville.  We started at the Farmers Market, which is open every Saturday during the warm months, where local farmers come to sell their goods on Main Street.  Even though I've grown up in Greenville my whole life- I had never been the Farmers Market!  I love exploring new things within my town as a college student- Greenville may be a small city, but it sure does have a lot to offer!  We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Grill Marks- a delicious hamburger restaurant on Main Street.  Then, we moved onto the Indie Craft Parade, which was a trade show of jewelry, art, and other goods from all around the South.  This was Greenville's fourth annual Indie Craft Parade, but it was the first for me!  All the goods were so unique! 

During the afternoon,  I squeezed in some time for studying.  Check out my view while studying:
The view from the back patio of the DH overlooking the lake
Saturday night, some friends and I cheered on our Paladins at the men's soccer game against the College of Charleston.  We won 1-0 in overtime!  Go Paladins!
The view from the soccer stadium
Paladin Soccer celebrating their win!
On Sunday, my roommate and I headed 45 minutes northwest of Furman to Lake Keowee, SC where my family has a lake house.  It was such a beautiful day to be out on the water!  The weather was absolutely perfect- not too hot and not too humid!  We took a boat ride and relaxed

The beauty of Lake Keowee



In other news, I had my first Chemistry quiz last week and was assigned my first college paper. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time in the library!

Feel free to contact me at laura.woodside@furman.edu!



No comments:

Post a Comment